Statement on Diversity
United Way Southern Interior BC celebrates and respects diversity. Diversity refers to human characteristics that distinguish one person from another. It includes ethnicity, race, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, differing abilities, social perspectives, values and beliefs.
United Way Southern Interior BC promotes respect, equity, access and participation of all individuals who interact with the organization. It prohibits discrimination in accordance with federal and provincial legislation and codes.
United Way Southern Interior BC affirms the rights of everyone to live, participate, and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
The Board of Directors of United Way Southern Interior BC recognizes that building equity and access requires a commitment in all its operations and strive to
- ensure that members of the board and its sub-committees, and staff of the organization are reflective of the broad diversity of the community.
- ensure that the organization’s policies are created and implemented with an equity lense.
- ensure that all information materials reflect diversity and inclusivity,
- ensure that the diversity of the community is reflected in all stakeholder relations
- evaluate adaptive and technical performance these goals
The Board of Directors of United Way Southern Interior BC is committed to governing an organization that promotes respect, equity, access and participation in all internal and external relations.