United Way British Columbia launched the annual fundraising campaign from Coast Capri Hotel with a virtual lunch and AGM. This inspiring lunch featured stories of community impact, partnerships and a whole lot of local love from virtual guests!
Global Okanagan News Anchor, Doris Bregolisse, hosted the event for the 3rd year in a row offering her own personal baked goods offer that garnered $1700 in donations.
The program included:
- Traditional blessing from Okanagan Indian Band Elder, Virginia “Tupa” Gregoire
- Event sponsor address from BMO with Peter Shannon, Board Treasurer
- Board Chair, Sinead Scanlon, Parter at BDO
- Kahir Lalji, Executive Director
- Introduction of the 2020 United Way SIBC Campaign video
- Hope for the Nations Board Chair, Patti Hoy, spoke about child hunger and the Food for Thought program (funded by United Way SIBC) and how your donations ensure kids aren’t going hungry in our communities.
- The United Way SIBC and NOCS Annual General Meeting proceeded after the Kickoff presentations.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the kickoff especially our host, Coast Capri Hotel, event sponsor BMO and media partners, Bell Media, Black Press Media, Castanet, and Global Okanagan.
The room which is usually filled with 300 guests was instead limited to under 20 United Way staff and Board members. Over 190 guests listened in via zoom from all over the country and the region.
Special thanks to North Okanagan Labour Council for the $1000 donation!
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the kickoff especially our event sponsor BMO, our host, Coast Capri Hotel, and media partners, Bell Media, Black Press Media, Castanet, and Global Okanagan.