New protocols in place to ensure safety is top priority
October 1, 2020 – United Way Southern Interior BC invites you to the South Okanagan Drive Thru breakfast on Thursday, October 8, 2020 from 6:30 to 9 a.m. presented by Penticton Lakeside Resort and IGA. This year’s event will feature another fun-filled Drive Thru experience for guests with special COVID protocols in place to ensure everyone including guests, volunteers and sponsors are safe. This includes contact tracing upon arrival, gloved and masked volunteers, hand sanitizer stations, strict numbers of volunteers, and attendees needing to stay in their cars while enjoying the Drive Thru. What doesn’t change though is an awesome hot breakfast to go, morning coffee with a smile, and a breakfast bag stuffed with over $50 in value. One lucky guest will win $1000 prize from Valley First!
Last year, the community and sponsors contributed over $25,000 in donations, to support close to 20 local charities and other initiatives that serve the needs of children, youth, families and seniors in our community. The need is even greater this year as local charities need to adapt and invest in COVID protocols plus more people are experiencing food insecurity, mental health issues and homelessness as a result of job and wage loss, and other stressors due to the pandemic.
Thursday, October 8 from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m – Main Parking Lot
Bag packing: Wednesday, October 7 from 4 pm – 5:30 pm (Zinfandel and Merlot Rooms)
Penticton Lakeside Resort, 21 Lakeshore Drive West, Penticton, BC V2A 7M5
- Guests: Typically 500+ cars drive thru from all regions in the South Okanagan; average donation: $20
- Platinum sponsors: IGA & Valley First
- Gold sponsors: Cobs Bread, Nature’s Fare Markets, Sun Rype, Grant Media, Coca Cola, Tim Hortons, GFS, PURE Gym and Juicery.
- Media sponsors: Castanet, EZ Rock and Sun FM, Global Okanagan, Penticton Herald
- Interviews and photo opps: United Way’s Kahir Lalji , Colin Powell from IGA, and Penticton Lakeside Resort leadership and other sponsors.
- 1000 breakfast bags stuffed with donated fresh food including a cereal box, banana, Nutrigrain bar and Mott’s Apple Sauce all from IGA, SunRype beverage and snack, Old Dutch chips, freshly picked apple from the Apple Barn, and much more!
- Fantastic special offers and coupons from our sponsors are included in each bag PLUS 20+ Grand prizes will be randomly placed in the bags ranging in value from $10 to $1000!
- High value grand prizes include:
- Valley First, a division of First West Credit Union – look for the golden ticket and win $1000 to invest (see website for terms and conditions).
- One night stay and breakfast at Metrotown Hilton, Vancouver
- Vancouver Canucks jersey
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort – 2 lift passes
- One month of free marketing consultancy for your small business through Grant Media.
- As guests drive thru, they will be handed: a grocery bag from IGA, COBS Bread fresh-baked scone, coffee and treats from Tim Hortons, a delicious hot breakfast from the Penticton Lakeside Resort which includes a hot breakfast wrap and hashbrown patty thanks to McCain, Penticton Herald newspaper, and more.
- Dog and cat treats for those with furry friends aboard thanks to ALERT!
- More info, pre-orders and donations gratefully accepted at: SouthOkDriveThru.com
- Social media: #SouthOKDriveThru #locallove70 @unitedwaysibc @pentictonlakeside
- High value grand prizes include:
Everything raised here, stays here. Join us for this vital “fun”draiser and drive your community forward! Help us celebrate 70 years of local love!!