October 3, 2019 – The 18th Annual North Okanagan Drive Thru proved to be a record breaker this year, raising over $16,000 for the United Way and the local community.. Thanks to the generosity of over 500 Drive Thru guests, sponsors, in-kind contributors and volunteers, this years event was a great success! What an amazing show of local love!! Everything raised here, stays here in this community supporting up to 20 local charity programs.
Special thanks to the extraordinary corporate donations and in-kind contributions from sponsors:
- Host: Prestige Vernon Lodge
- Bag sponsor and donor: Vantage One Credit Union
- Corporate donations and sponsors: Cobs Bread, Nature’s Fare Markets
- Media sponsors: Castanet, EZ Rock and Sun FM, Global Okanagan, Vernon MorningStar
- Media coverage:
- Castanet: Breakfast brings big bucks
- Global Okanagan News Story
- Vernon MorningStar: Pick up the Friday paper for the MorningStar story.
Drive Thru guests were treated to great experience this year with new additions to handouts and bag items making the value of the bag well over $20.
- Handouts: Coffee from Tim Hortons, Cobs Bread fresh baked scone with free loaf coupon, SunRype treats from Beach Radio, Co-op cookies, dog biscuits for furry friends.
- 900 goody bags stuffed with donated fresh food, swag and coupons.
For more info and complete list of in-kind contributors, visit:
- Special offers/coupons from local restaurants and businesses including:
- Free Egg McMuffin from McDonalds
- Free French Fries or Regular Rootbeer from A&W
- $5 off at Browns Social House
- Free dog cookie – Healthy Spot Pet Nutrition & Supply
A reminder to check your breakfast bag for the golden ticket. Fantastic grand prizes from generous local businesses were randomly placed in the bags. Guests had a chance to win:
- Predator Ridge “Spring Fling” Package – 2 Nights in a 1 Bedroom suite, 1 Round of Golf for 2 people, 1 Day “Rail Trail” outing for 2 people – Value of $1100!
- Weekend getaway at Prestige Oceanfront Resort – 2 night stay
- 1 night stay at Prestige Vernon Lodge with $50 restaurant credit
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort – 2 winter lift passes and 2 summer pipe passes
- $75 in Globe and Blarneystone Bucks (Big White Ski Resort)
- Kal-Mor Mortgages & Investments donated 5 – $100 gift certificates
- Marie Martin Coaching provided a Divine Blueprint & Numerology session and book.
- Vernon Vipers also gave out games schedules and free tickets to local fans!
Thanks to the small army of volunteers who helped pack bags yesterday and got up bright and early on a rainy day to brave the cold and help make the Drive Thru the best one ever! Community leaders, local companies, sponsors and community groups all participated including: Vernon Vipers hockey team, Queen Silver Star Princesses, RCMP, Fire department, Nixon-Wenger LLP, Davidson Lawyers and other local community champions.
New for 2019 – $20 pre-orders and additional donations were accepted at: www.NorthOkDriveThru.com. Several local companies purchased pre-orders:
- GroundGuys Landscaping
- Nixon-Wenger LLP Lawyers
- GWE Equipment
- and more!
Overall, the community came together once again and we are so thankful for everyone’s support. More photos on our Facebook page.
Watch Raffy Pevarrola’s Vlog of the Drive Thru:
About United Way SIBC:
United Way Southern Interior BC serves the communities of the Okanagan, Columbia, Shuswap and Similkameen regions. Formed by the merger of United Way CSO and United Way NOCS, United Way SIBC builds on over 65 years of community investment. Our mission is to improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. The United Way invests time and resources in three focus areas that support all that kids can be, move people from poverty to possibility and build healthy, strong communities. For more information, call 1-855-232-1321.